Eleven months after the last major JAMWiki release, the rosy-cheeked JAMWiki 1.3 release (code name "Reuben") is now available for download from SourceForge. This release is a major release that contains significant new features as well as bug fixes and enhancements including:
- User preference updates. Users can now customize date formats and time zone. Tools for administering the default date and time zone formats for the wiki have also been improved.
- Wiki user group management. The administrative UI for managing user groups has been updated to allow creation of new groups and the ability to assign users to those groups.
- Email-based password reset. It is now possible for wiki users to automatically reset their password via email. This feature is turned off by default but can be enabled via the Special:Admin tools.
- More. An array of translation updates, bug fixes, performance enhancements, and cleanups.
See below, as well as the CHANGELOG.txt and README.txt files included in the JAMWiki distribution, for further details. Please provide feedback on the Feedback page and report any bugs in the JIRA bug tracker. Bug reports should include any error messages from the logs and any additional information that can be used to diagnose the problem.
Installation & Upgrade Instructions
See Installation#New Installs.
See Installation#Upgrades for upgrade instructions. When upgrading site administrators should be aware of the issues that are specific to this release. If upgrading from a JAMWiki 1.0.x release please also see the JAMWiki 1.1 upgrade notes.
- Backup your database prior to upgrading. This release makes changes to the database schema. The upgrade process will attempt to automatically update existing JAMWiki database setups. While the upgrade process is well-tested, a failure could leave your wiki database in an unusable state so users are STRONGLY encouraged to perform a backup prior to upgrading.
- This release updates the default JAMWiki:System.css topic. Starting with JAMWiki 1.2 all custom CSS modifications should now be made in the new JAMWiki:Custom.css topic, which will not be overwritten during upgrades. To restore contents from the old StyleSheet topic view the topic history of the new JAMWiki:System.css topic.
jamwiki-configuration.xml file has been renamed to
jamwiki-configuration-1.3.xml. If you have made any customizations to the old
jamwiki-configuration.xml (found in the JAMWiki home "resources" folder) then they should be copied to the new file after the upgrade is completed.
- Default date and time patterns have changed. These patterns can be customized after upgrade using the Special:Admin tools.
- Installations of JAMWiki 1.3.x on app servers with limited heap may see out of memory errors. See JAMWIKI-79 for details.
- Re-engineering of user preference data handling (cclavadetscher).
- Add user preferences for timezone, date and time format (cclavadetscher).
- Add the ability to create wiki groups (cclavadetscher).
- Add the ability to assign users to wiki groups (cclavadetscher).
- Display user roles inherited from group membership (cclavadetscher).
- Allow default role names to be configured via property file to better support LDAP (PhilTrimble).
- Display thumbnails of image versions on image topic pages, similar to the Mediawiki GUI.
- Update Mediawiki XML exports to use the 0.7 XSD (previously 0.3).
- Change the default image namespace from "Image" to "File" for new installs.
- Add E-Mail support: configuration and E-Mail based user password reset.
- Remove ability to automatically upgrade from versions prior to 1.1.
- Upgrade to Spring Framework 3.1.3.RELEASE.
- Upgrade to Spring Security 3.1.3.RELEASE.
- Upgrade to Lucene Search 3.6.2.
- Upgrade to commons-io-2.2.
- Upgrade to exp4j 0.3.3.