JAMWiki 0.4.3 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/. Note that users of DB/2 may encounter errors as support is experimental at this time; bug reports are appreciated.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: JAMWiki is undergoing rapid development, and while the code is reasonably stable bug reports, feedback and contributions are encouraged and can be reported at http://jamwiki.org/.
- FEATURE: Add support for Mediawiki <ref> tag as described on http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Footnotes.
- FEATURE: Add "Watch Topic" checkbox when editing.
- FEATURE: Add "Special:Specialpages" page.
- BUG: Do not HTML escape < and >.
- BUG: Fix issue with non-ASCII file desriptions.
- FEATURE: Improve support for localized default topics.
- FEATURE: Add support for setting HTML meta values.
- FEATURE: Updated Polish translations from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from Daniel Tar (bDaneE).
- FEATURE: Updated Danish translations from Anders Monrad (g9adm).
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.