JAMWiki 0.4.0 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- Initial support has been added for Mediawiki templates.
- An embedded version of the HSQL database is now used for installations that do not use an external database.
- The default JAMWiki parser has been significantly re-written.
- Numerous other fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/. Note that users of DB/2 and Microsoft SQL Server may encounter errors as support for those databases is experimental at this time; bug reports are appreciated.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see below for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Add support for Mediawiki templates (see http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Templates).
- FEATURE: Replace file persistency mode with an embedded version of the HSQL database.
- FEATURE: Major update to the JAMWiki parser code.
- BUG: Properly escape ampersands from the parser to ensure XHTML output.
- FEATURE: Updated interwiki file from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
- FEATURE: Process interwiki prefixes case-insensitive.
- BUG: "Move" tab being incorrectly hidden on topic pages.
- BUG: Resolve issues that could cause upgrades to fail.
- FEATURE: Remove ability to automatically upgrade from JAMWiki versions prior to 0.2.0.
- FEATURE: Require admin user login to perform an upgrade.
- FEATURE: Remove Special:AllTopics; it was replaced by Special:Allpages in JAMWiki 0.3.0.
- FEATURE: Add JUnit test framework.
- FEATURE: Change default logo to submission from Oliver (okohll).
- FEATURE: Add additional support for the DB2/400 database.
- FEATURE: Updated MS SQL support from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- BUG: Fix possible database transaction blocking during setup using suggestions from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from Daniel Tar (bDaneE).
- FEATURE: Updated Polish translations from Robert Matyja (dlpa).
- FEATURE: Updated German translations from Axel Kramer (axelclk).
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the logging.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.
- If the upgrade fails consult the UPGRADE.txt document for details on performing a manual upgrade.