JAMWiki 0.2.1 is now available for download. Major updates in this release include:
- The ability to specify image sizes in [[Image]] tags.
- The ability to use Wiki syntax as link text.
- Updates to the diff code
- Several other fixes and cleanups.
See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org/wiki/en/Bug_Reports.
- FEATURE: Support specifying image size and resizing from [[Image]] tags.
- FEATURE: Allow Wiki syntax in image and anchor link captions.
- FEATURE: Update of the diff code to simplify the code and address some issues with diffs.
- BUG: Piped link within Wiki table syntax was displaying incorrectly.
- BUG: Remove section edit links from printable page.
- FEATURE: CSS fixes from Scott Croco (scroco).
- BUG: Fix XHTML issue related to extra <p> tag for images.
- FEATURE: Updated Chinese translations from ewen0930.
- FEATURE: Updated Hungarian translations from bDaneE.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions. Note that, if possible, any existing JAMWiki files should be deleted prior to upgrading.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files. You may also need to re-copy your JDBC jar file.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.