JAMWiki 0.1.0 is now available for download. This release includes the capability to edit a sub-section of a topic, support for database rollback, Chinese language translations, and the ability to edit an old topic version (useful for reverting changes). See the README.txt and CHANGELOG.txt files for additional details about this release. Additional information and documentation can be found at http://jamwiki.org/.
JAMWiki is distributed as a WAR file that can be deployed like any other WAR file. After restarting the web application server view the URL http://www.yourserver.com/context/ to begin the configuration process (context is the web application context root). For existing JAMWiki users see the release notes for upgrade instructions.
IMPORTANT: While reasonably stable, the JAMWiki code is undergoing rapid development and should be considered beta software, not suitable for deployment on production systems. Feedback and bug reports are requested and can be left at http://jamwiki.org.
- FEATURE: Add support for editing sub-sections of a topic.
- FEATURE: Add support for transaction rollback to avoid half-committed edits from being saved (database only).
- FEATURE: Allow editing of old topic versions from the history tab (provides a way to rollback changes).
- FEATURE: Chinese translations from Jiading (ewen0930).
- FEATURE: Support Wiki links to a virtual wiki (for example [[:virtual:Topic]]).
- FEATURE: Allow each virtual wiki to have a different default topic (requested by colinbes)
- FEATURE: Add default_topic_name column to jam_virtual_wiki. Upgrade should be automatic, so no manual SQL needs to be executed.
- FEATURE: Use a simpler page layout during setup/upgrade to avoid possible errors.
- FEATURE: Add logging for slow database queries.
- FEATURE: Do not display a textarea with Wiki syntax when viewing an old topic version.
- FEATURE: Cache CSS for 30 minutes rather than setting nocache.
- FEATURE: Add XHTML transitional doctype declaration.
- FEATURE: Remove navbar-virtual-wiki.jsp - not useful.
- BUG: Remove several hard-coded message strings, replace with messages that can be translated into local languages.
- FEATURE: Code cleanups including removal of unused files.
The process for upgrading JAMWiki is:
- Download the latest JAMWiki WAR file.
- Back up all database and/or file data prior to upgrading.
- Back up the jamwiki.properties file and the log4j.properties file that can be found in the /WEB-INF/classes directory.
- If you have created any virtual wikis, back up the web.xml file that can be found in the /WEB-INF directory.
- Install the new JAMWiki WAR file. See your web application server's documentation for instructions.
- Copy the files backed up in steps three and four back into their old locations, overwriting any new files.
- View any page on the Wiki. You will be redirected to the upgrade page and any required upgrade steps will be automatically performed.